Greetings from Global Institute of Engineering & Technology!
Engineering has the power to transform lives. This is why most of the students are so passionate about pursuing an engineering education at Global Institute of Engineering & Technology as this is the place for it with good academics, values, Ethics, Professionalism and cultural diversity. For more than a decade, the GIET has been ramping up enrollment, faculty and facilities. I want you to navigate through our website to know why GIET is unique. “Education plays a vital role in changing lives.
Engineers must address the most pressing problems facing society – challenges regarding energy, water, food, health, and the environment – and do it in a sustainable, ethical, and humane way and indeed the GIET has been home to this. The College has a clear vision of its role as a leader of innovation, technology and production of engineers and computer scientists. We are expanding our research to address our nation’s most difficult and pressing technological problems. We will bring the latest educational technologies to our classrooms and build on the successes of our executive education programs.
While recruiting graduates companies apart from domain knowledge look for effective communication skills and a wholesome personality. At GIET we endeavor to provide our students the necessary training by TPO from the Placement Cell to give them a gainful employment. GIET is your opportunity for a successful future. Welcome aboard and carve a niche for yourself.
Wish you the best
Dr. Mrs. Ravindra Tiwari
Dean, Global Institute of Engineering & Technology
Profile of Dean
- Ph.D. – 1987; 74% (Pre-PhD) (I Division Distinction), Osmania University
- M.Sc. – 1975; 71% (I Division Distinction), Osmania University
- B.Sc. – 1973; 63.6% (I Division Gold Medal), Osmania University
- 40 YEARS
- 34 Years
- Research Co-ordinator – UGC Research Unit, BNSC, Narayanguda, Hyd
- Research Supervisor – Osmania University & JNTUH
- Principal investigator – UGC-sponsored Major Research Projects -2
- Study of Genomic stability and Hormonal Configuration in Human subjects exposed to ELFs of Varying Frequencies. – Candidate Awarded Ph.D.
- Risk Assessment of Human Subjects Occupationally Exposed to ELF-EMFs and Light at Night (LAN) – Ongoing.
- Ministry of Science and Technology on behalf of DST and Society for Environment and Development requested for profile and out come of our major project UGC 2008 to be included in the data base.
- Published scientific papers in peer reviewed journals of good impact factor.
- Referee for various research articles in journals of good impact factor & Project-ICMR.
- One of the papers “Combinative Exposure Effect of Radiofrequency Signals from CDMA Mobile Phones and Aphidicolin on DNA integrity” in top 20 articles.
- Presented a live video (RTCC Channel) in COP 11 Eleventh meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Conversion of Biological Diversity on 08th to 19th October’2012, at HTCC Hyderabad.
- 20 YEARS at Bhavan’s New Science College
- USA,-2002 (UGC-Sponsored)
- GREECE-2006 (UGC-Sponsored)
- DUBAI – 2017
MEDALS AND AWARDS RECEIVED
- Global Teacher Role Model Award-World Teachers Day-Mumbai 
- Award of Appreciation for Active Participation in 4th National Voters Day form Govt. of Andhra Pradesh 
- Indira Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award-Award for Education Excellence, New Delhi 
- BOLT -Broad Outlook Learner Teacher Award by Air India , 1st in Hyderabad 
- INDIAN ACHIEVERS Award for Education Excellence 
- BEST-TEACHER Award by Govt. of Andhra Pradesh-GOLD MEDAL 
- Shree Shankerjee GOLD MEDAL [AIIE] 
- United States Information Service USIS GOLD MEDAL 
- President Guide Certificate-Late Dr.Zakir Hussain 
- Nominated for Worlds Who’s Who – Academician .
DISTINCTIVE PROFESSIONAL RECOGNITION
- Question Bank Prepared for EAMCET – Engg & Medical Entrance Test – APSCHE- 2005.
- Subject Expert – Tele-conference sponsored by BRAOU Hyderabad , Channel [Doordarshan]
- Resource Person for extension lectures at Refresher Coures at Academic Staff College O.U.
A.K. Navjeevan College. V. V. College, Reddy Women’s College, St . Ann’s College for Women.
- Guest Lectures at Care Hospital – Banjara Hills, Vasavi Hospital, Mahavir Hospital…
- Chief Examiner for B.Sc third year paper in Zoology [OU]
- Convenor for B.Sc third Year Physiology Practical examination 2002 [OU]
- Paper Setter, Evaluator in Zoology for B.Sc & M.Sc Paper-II – Nizam College , Women’s College[Autonomous] & Andhra Loyola College, Nagarjuna University.
- Convenor for restructuring syllabi for 111 & 1V Semester M.Sc. Zoology 2001-2002 & Special Paper Endocrinology-2010
- Board of Studies Member for P.G. [2005-2008]. OU. UG- 2005-RBVR Women’s College & Andhra Mahila Sabha – 2007
Research Scholar in ICAR Scheme [1976-1977].
Research Associate selected at CIFRI, Barackpore  at All India level.
- Subject Expert for selecting teacher candidates at Schools and Colleges like Sujatha School & College, G. Pulla Reddy School & College, Kendriya Vidyalaya, Golkonda, Hyderabad.
- Gave Radio Programs – All India Vividh Bharathi Station, Hyderabad.
- Prepared UGC Sponsored Audio / Video Lectures.
- Student Advisor for 12 years in college.
EXTRA CURRICULAR PROFILE
- Recipient of Trophies & Prizes in Debates, Elocution, Essay Writing, Folk Dance, Antakshari in School and College
- Represented State at ‘’All India Summer Training Camp in NCC’’, Srinagar, Jammu Kashmir, NCC cadet 1970-73.
- Represented State in Student Visiting Exchange Programme, Perspectives in America, Bangalore.
- Participated in JANMABHOOMI program as a local Resource Person in Micro level planning for Human Development Survey January 3 – 11, 2000.
- Attended NSS camps and Donated blood four times in college.
- Pledged eyes to Sadhu Ram Eye Hospital.
- Recipient of Best Student Award by Rotary International .
- Honorary – HR Director For an MNC – for 8 months –Photon Telecoms 2005.
- Member Red Cross Society – Recipient of Appreciation certificate For Remarkable Service.
- Member Nirdosh Social Service Organization.
- Member MASI (Microwave Association Society of India).
- Mahaveer Hospital & Research Centre
- Vasavi Hospital & Research Centre
- DNA Research Centre
ARTICLES IN BOOKS
- Study of DNA damage in workers Occupationally Exposed to Xerox Machines (2005), Ahuja YR, Ravindra Tiwari, K.I.Goud and Bhargava SC in Topics in Electromagnatic Waves Devices, Effects and Applications. Anamaya Publishers. New Delhi.
- Dynamic Mutation: What is the trigger? (2004), Ahuja YR, Ravindra Tiwari and Q.Hasan in Recent advances in Human Genetics and Health. By Institute of Genetics and hospital for Genetic Diseases.
- Microwave and their genetic effects: an overview (2003) Y.R. Ahuja, Ravindra K. Tiwari and Bhargava SC – in Microwave Measurement techniques and applications, Anamaya Publishers. New Delhi.