About EEE Department
The Department of “Electrical and Electronics Engineering” was established in the year 2006 and currently the department offers an Under Graduate program B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering with an annual intake of 60 students and 1 Post Graduate program M.Tech in Electrical Power Engineering with an annual intake of 18 students. The department of electrical and electronics provides to the students with in-depth knowledge in hardware as well as in software technology, so that he/she can pursue for wide range of career opportunities.
The Department is Headed by Mr. T V V Pavan Kumar
- Has more than a decade of teaching, research and working experience in several institutions of repute.
- Published quality research contributions in Journals & Conferences of National and International repute.
- Earned best controller of Examinations award in college
- Member of several Academic Bodies, Reviewer and Editorial Board member of Journal.
There are 3 Associate Professors, and 10 Assistant Professors in the department. The department has 6 Lab Assistants to assist and maintain the labs. The department conducts workshops, seminars, conferences and invites lecturers to keep the students and staff updated with the latest developments.
The department conducts workshops, seminars, conferences and invites lecturers to keep the students and staff updated with the latest developments. The department also encourages students to interact with people from the industries. The students have been well trained and with the support of the placement cell, have succeeded in being placed in top companies.
The Department has qualified, dedicated and trained faculty with sense of commitment towards students. The dedication of the faculty members along with infrastructural facilities and determination of students have taken the branch to the top level .
Some of the laboratories are:
- Networks Lab
- Control Systems and Simulation Lab (MATLAB, LABVIEW)
- DC Machines Lab
- AC Machines Lab
- Power Electronics and Simulation Lab
- Electrical Measurements Lab
- Advance English Communication Skills Lab
- Microprocessors and Interfacing Lab
- Power Systems-I Lab
- Power Systems-II Lab
The Department works with a vision to produce Engineers with dynamic personalities adaptable to ever increasing demands of emerging technologies and with a mission
- To become one among the best departments in engineering and research arena through professional faculty and state of the art laboratories and to make the students successful engineers with good ethics.
- To produce electrical engineers effervescent with “self-confidence” to enable them to fit any position and to produce national wealth.
- Interacting with Industry with emphasis on R&D
Electrical and Electronics Engineering graduates
- Have the ability to work effectively in a team, and as a team member, held the responsibilities of others when needed.
- Can understand the essence of the sector and applications where the aspects of this engineering should be implemented.
- Apply the knowledge of engineering fundamentals for achieving solution to the problems in Electrical Engineering.
- Apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering tools such as MATLAB,SIMPOWER PSpice E-CAD,Xcircuit .
- Utilize of technologies like PLC process controllers and design, install, test , maintain power systems and industrial applications.
- Able to utilize the knowledge of High Voltage Engineering in collaboration with Power Systems in innovative and challenging environment
- Understand the impact of the professional Engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Can Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethic .
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work.
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.