“A Country could not progress in a desired direction until the student youth were motivated to work for the upliftment of the villages/communities”.
National Service Scheme, under the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports Govt. of India, popularly known as NSS was launched in Gandhiji’s Birth Centenary Year 1969, in 37 Universities involving 40,000 students with primary focus on the development of personality of students through community service. The wing NSS at GIET will train the students how to do services for our nation and created volunteers for various services in the country, such as traffic controls, temple rush controls, etc.
Objectives of the NSS scheme:
- The students has to understand themselves their relation to the community
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them
- Developing social and civic responsibility
- Improving leadership quality
- Practice National integration
- Developing the social harmony skills